Delores T. Robinson departed life on September 11, 2013. She was born to Ida G. and James C. Robinson on September 25, 1921, in the city of Baltimore, MD, the last of nine children, all of whom lived well into adulthood, except for one (Angela, who died at birth). Delores and her siblings grew up in and around East Baltimore near the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
She attended St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church and public elementary schools in the area and is an alunma of Dunbar Junior High School and St. Frances Academy.
Delores’ working life was varied. She worked at Western Electric Co. doing defense production then later as a PBX operator at the Pacific Telephone Co. in San Francisco and retired after 28 years of service. In the course of her career, she received many awards and commendations.
Delores’ social life was centered on her family (siblings, nieces, and nephews), her church, and community. She was active in St. Michael’s Catholic Church (San Francisco) as the Secretary for C.C.D., the Altar Society, and Happy Hearts Club.
As a resident of the Park Merced Complex, Delores was active in the Service Action Network, Neighbors in Action Group, and Park Merced Tenants Organization. She was an active member of St. Stephens Catholic Church (San Francisco). Delores received great joy from masterfully completing her daily crossword puzzles, playing cards, weekly entertainment magazines, and the protective love of her German Shepherd dog Heinz.
In 2012, she became a resident of the University Mound Ladies Home (San Francisco).
Delores (Aunt Doris) will be fondly remembered by friends, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews; in particularly, her nephew and niece Charles and Sarah Robinson, who took responsibility for her in her final years and her great nephew (Godson) Joseph Robinson and great niece Sybil Robinson.
A private graveside service will take place in Baltimore at Arbutus Memorial Cemetery.
247 total views, 3 views today