Friendship Public Charter School is proud to announce that 19 students at Friendship Collegiate Academy today signed athletic scholarships.
In the past Friendship students have signed with Columbia, Florida State, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Howard, and Temple University.
"These young men are being rewarded for hard work in the classroom and on the football field. On behalf of the board of trustees and our teachers, we are that confident they will carry on Friendship's tradition of being student athletes," said Donald Hense, chairman of Friendship Public Charter School. "We wish them every success in their journey through college."
The students signed with the following colleges and universities (as of 10 p.m. Feb. 4, 2013):
Jalen Tabor – University of Florida
Foussenie Traore – SUNY Albany
* Jonathan Haden–University of Arizona
* DaeJuan Funderburk – University of West Virginia
* Damari Whitaker – Morgan State University
* Marquese Meadow–Morgan State University
* Malik Harris–Delaware State University
* Tyron McDade–Towson University
* Kelvit Barrett–West Virginia State University
* Fahim Muhammad–Elizabeth City State University
* Deandre Parker–Lincoln University
* Robert Johnson–Lincoln University
* Jamal Kingsberry–Lincoln University
* Chigozie Onyewere–Iowa Western
* Devonta Lee–Lincoln University/American International College
* Marcus Hodges–Cheyney University
* Wesley Davis–Cheyney University
* Dushon Davis–Shaw University
* Kenneth McDaniel–Shaw University/Lincoln University
Friendship's mission is to provide a world-class education that motivates students to achieve high academic standards, enjoy learning and develop as ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens who contribute actively to their communities.
The graduation rate at Friendship Collegiate Academy is 95 percent–37 percent higher than the graduation rate for D.C.'s traditional public high schools. One hundred percent of the graduating class is accepted to college. Since 2005, Friendship students have earned over 3,500 college credits in 21 different college courses.
Friendship Collegiate Academy PCS is a college preparatory high school serving students in grades nine through 12. Challenging and relevant, the school's comprehensive curriculum prepares students for college and the world of work in a global economy.
194 total views, 6 views today